The Randonée on Lake Garda was on Sunday, 24th February.
Beautiful and clear weather, everything went really well! Here you are some pictures and the list of the homologated cyclists.
We started off from Villa Guerrina, in the hamlet of Montorio, and we headed to the city centre of Verona, the city that William Shakespeare described with these words: “There is no world without Verona walls, but purgatory, torture, hell itself”. Then, we followed the river Adige, we crossed some ancient villages, and then we got to Peschiera del Garda. Here we started cycling along the perimeter of the Lake Garda, a charming and magical place where to find peace of mind.
Once we got to Bardolino, we left the lake behind and we crossed the most famous Veronese wine areas: the one where the Bardolino wine is produced, on the hills surrounding the lake, and Valpolicella, famous for its full bodied red wine. The last climb was on the Torricelle hills, along the same route of the UCI Road World Championships 1999 and 2004, and finally we cycled fast down to Montorio, our final destination.
At the end of the page there are some photos of the 200 km randonnée. On Flickr there is a gallery with some other pictures.
Thank you for participating!
Here you are the list of the homologated cyclists of the Lake Garda randonnée.
See you soon, at the 300 km randonnée on 23rd and 24th March 2019.
WHEN: Sunday, 24th February 2019.
WHERE: Villa Guerrina, Via Guerrina, 99 – 37141 Montorio - Verona.
WHAT TO DO: Yellow cards are given at the organisation tables on Saturday, 23rd February 2019, from 17:00 to 20:00, and Sunday, 24th February 2019, from 4:45.
DEPARTURE: Sunday, 24th February from 6:00 to 6:30
ARRIVAL: Sunday, 24th February within 19:30
End of registration: date limit is Thursday, 21 February at 23:00. Register here.
BREVET BRM/ACP | Brevets Randonneurs Mondiaux.
The itinerary is not signalised on the way: total self-sufficiency is expected. See below for gpx files and road book.
Average speed: maximum 30 km/h, minimum 15 km/h
Minimum time: 6 hours and 40 minutes.
Maximum time: 13 hours and 30 minutes.
Check-points for card control: in some of them refreshments are given.
Refreshments and drinks at the departure.
Use of showers and toilets at the arrival in Villa Guerrina.
Pasta party at the arrival, from 12:00 to 18:00
Cycling jersey for the ones that register to all four randonnées.
CAR PARKING: it is possible to park some cars in Villa Guerrina parking, motorhomes are not allowed. Cars that won’t find place in Villa Guerrina parking, can park along the perimeter walls of the Villa or in one of the many free spots in Montorio. The organisation will communicate at entrance of the Villa if the car parking is full. Motorhomes (campers) are not allowed in Villa Guerrina parking, but there is a good spot where to park, by the sports field in Via della Prateria (700 mt far from the Villa).
The Villa car parking is courtesy of Banco Popolare Cral.
1. To be of age the day of the event
2. You need to register online and pay the registration fee with PayPal or credit card.
3. Certificate of fitness (with stress test) for sport activities.
4. Being member of a sports club is not necessary.
5. Registration on Sunday morning is possible, but any registration after Thursday, 21 February doesn’t imply the registration at the ARI AUDAX list.
Accommodations near Villa Guerrina:
1. Hotel Brandoli ***, about 1 km far from the starting point, average prices.
2. B&B Corte Carolina, about 500 mt far from the starting point, low prices.
3. Villa Cainer (scout house) in Mizzole, about 4 km far from the starting point. Sleeping bag and mat are needed, the cost is 10 € per person with minimum 10 bookings.In Montorio there are other B&Bs. Book autonomously the accommodations 1 and 2, specifying that you will participate at the randonnée that starts early in the morning: both the accommodation can prepare an early breakfast. Write here if you are interested in sleeping in Villa Cainer, we will manage it.
The gpx tracks and the road book are available on request.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Front and back lights on the bike and wearing reflective vest is necessary in some section of the randonnée as there are some tunnels along the route.